The Rakmo Institute in cooperation with Center of Transformative Mediation invites you to the
Basic course in Transformative mediation with Marko Iršič, Certified Transformative Mediator
Basic Training will be conducted by Marko Iršič, Certified Transformative Mediator, the founder of the RAKMO Institute, and the author of the books The Art of Conflict Management and Mediation.
This training program provides an understanding of the core purpose and foundational principles of transformative practice. In addition to exploring the goals and effects of transformative intervention, this training provides practice with the core transformative intervention skills. Through lecture, discussion, video illustrations, and skill building exercises, this training program grounds participants in an approach to mediation practice that is rooted in the assumption that conflict is a crisis in human interaction.
Transformative Mediation Training: Principles & Practice
Participants in this training will gain an understanding of the theory and skills necessary for the practice of transformative mediation across a wide range of conflict settings.
Specifically, participants in this training will:
- Understand transformative conflict theory and the concepts of empowerment and recognition;
- See the relationship between a mediator’s underlying motivations and he interventions used in practice;
- Obtain the skills needed to focus on and attend to the moment-to-moment interaction of the parties and their deliberations;
- Gain the capacity to take a responsive, supportive orientation that fosters party empowerment and avoids mediator directiveness
- Understand the full range of conflict settings (commercial disputes, family and divorce, neighbor, victim-offender,organizational conflicts, ethno-political conflicts) where transformative mediation is currently practiced
How to register:
The seat on the Basic Training is guaranteed only with the complete payment of registration fee.
Super early bird fee – paid before March 31st, 2016: 590,00€
Early bird fee – paid before April 26th, 2016: 690,00 €
Regular fee – paid after April 26th, 2016: 790,00 €
(VAT not included)
Your registration is confirmed with the payment of the training fee. Information for the training fee payment will be included in the confirmation of your registration.
- Cancelling before April 26th, 2016 will result in 50% refund – substitute from the same organization possible with no extra charge.
- Cancelling after April 26th, 2016 – no refund – substitute from the same organization possible with payment of additional 10% of administrative costs.
This course is advised to:
- those who wish to gain the basic skills in transformative mediation (regardless of previous trainings in other approaches – eg. Problem-solving – and educational qualification)
- to all those who wish to assist their clients in mediation as consultants or who find themselves managing situations of conflict and wish learn new techniques to approach the same.
The Organizer reserves the right to modify the program and/or to change other published organizational details.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us on email@example.com.
We are looking forward having and hosting you here in Slovenia.